Chelsea will be keen to continue their impressive run and take a step closer to securing a UEFA Champions League group stage berth when they face Arsenal in the London derby at Stamford Bridge. Both teams grabbed a win in their last league fixture as the Blues produced an excellent comeback to beat league champions Manchester City 1-2 and Arsenal relegated West Brom after a 3-1 win at home.
A five-game unbeaten run since the defeat against West Brom helped Chelsea climb third in the points table. The five-time English Premier League champions need six points from their remaining three matches to seal a top-four finish. All eyes will be on Timo Werner as the 25-year-old made three assists and scored a goal in his last four league appearances.
Despite winning their last two games, Arsenal missed out on a Champions League spot for the fifth consecutive season. The London outfit, ninth in the points table, could also miss out on Europa League qualification. But with Arsenal unbeaten in their last five away games in the league, manager Mikel Arteta will be hoping they can produce a quality performance tonight.
- Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi has two assists to his name in his last two appearances against Arsenal in the league
- Arsenal’s Bukayo Saka, who grabbed an assist against West Brom, scored in the last meeting between two teams
- Chelsea is unbeaten in their last eight league fixtures against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge
- Arsenal has scored 12 goals from their last five away matches in the league
- Chelsea lost only one league game since Thomas Tuchel took over from Frank Lampard in January 2021
Previous meeting: ARS 3-1 CHE (Goalscorers: A Lacazette, G Xhaka, & B Saka; T Abraham)
English Premier League 2020-21 stats
Top Goalscorer: CHE – T Abraham, Jorginho, M Mount, & T Werner (6 goals); ARS – A Lacazette (13 goals)
Most Assists: CHE – T Werner (8 assists); ARS – Willian (5 assists)
Most Clean Sheets: CHE – E Mendy (16 clean sheets); ARS – B Leno (9 clean sheets)
CHE: M Kovacic (injured), A Christensen (doubtful)
ARS: D Luiz (injured), P Mari (doubtful), G Xhaka (doubtful)
Play Fantasy Football on Paytm First Games now!