Turkey (TUR) and Wales (WAL) will meet for the first time since 1997 in a key Group A fixture in Euro 2020. After suffering a crushing defeat against Italy in the tournament opener, Turkey will have to beat Gareth Bale and Co to keep their round of 16 hopes alive. Kieffer Moore’s goal helped Wales snatch a point against Switzerland in their opening game. The Euro 2016 semi-finalists cannot afford to drop points as they face Italy in their final group stage fixture.
It was a game to forget for Turkey as they let Italy dominate them and were lucky not to concede more than three goals. The introduction of Cengiz Under after the break brought optimism among Turkey fans, but veteran Burak Yilmaz cut a lone figure up front. The centre-back duo Merih Demiral and Caglar Soyuncu will hope to plug the holes at the back and deliver a solid performance.
Wales head coach Rob Page would have been pleased with how his boys responded after going behind against Switzerland. Moore proved his worth after heading home the equalizer. If not for Yann Sommer’s fantastic save, the 28-year-old could have scored in the first half itself. Also, Daniel James impressed with his pace and crosses, and skipper Bale will be hoping to find his rhythm against Turkey.
TUR won: 2
WAL won: 3
Top Five Fantasy Points scorers (last match)
TUR: Cakir U (5.5 pts), H Calhanoglu (3.5 pts), M Zeki Celik (3 pts), O Yokuslu (3 pts), O Tufan (2.5 pts)
WAL: K Moore (10.5 pts), J Morrell (8 pts), D Ward (4.5 pts), A Ramsey (3.5 pts), C Mepham (3.5 pts)
Stats & Facts
- J Morrell (MID) picked up an assist against Switzerland in the Euro 2020 Group A match
- Cakir U (GK) made six saves against Italy in the Euro 2020 Group A match
- C Soyuncu (DEF) & M Demiral (DEF) completed more than 40 passes against Italy in the Euro 2020 Group A match
- K Moore (FOR) had two shots on target against Switzerland in the Euro 2020 Group A match
- A total of ten goals scored in the last meeting both teams as Turkey beat Wales 6-4 in the 1998 World Cup qualifier
TUR (possible): Cakir U; M Zeki Celik, M Demiral, C Soyuncu, C Umut Meras; K Ayhan, O Tufan, H Calhanoglu, I Can Kahveci, C Under; B Yilmaz
WAL (possible): D Ward; C Roberts, C Mepham, J Rodon, B Davies; J Morrell, J Allen; G Bale, A Ramsey, D James; K Moore
Play the Europe’s biggest football competition on Paytm First Games