Almost everyone has played Rummy once in their lives. If you haven’t, we’ve got you covered. Take a look at all things Rummy here.
What Is Rummy Games Online?
Rummy is a skill-based card game where the objective is to win the game by grouping 13 cards in valid sequences and sets. You need minimum one pure sequence & an impure/valid sequence in order to win against your opponents. There are some rules and lingo that you need to know before you start your journey with Rummy. Once you get familiar with them, you can win Paytm Cash every day with Paytm First Rummy.
If there are 2 players, the game is played with 1 deck & 2 Jokers and if there are 6 players, 2 decks of cards are used with 4 jokers.
How To Play Rummy Cards Online
- Each player is dealt with 13 cards. A random card is selected as Wild Joker at the beginning of the game.
- Draw and discard cards with the two piles given. One pile is a closed deck & the other is an open deck which is formed with discarded cards by other players.
- The player has to create sets and sequences with the 13 cards. Players can use Wild Jokers or Printed Jokers to create impure sequence and sets.
- Every player gets 30 seconds to make his move.
- As per Indian Rummy rules, once a player has arranged their 13 cards in valid sets & sequences, they can make a declaration and win the game.
So, What Are These Sequences?
In Indian Rummy, a sequence is a group of three or more consecutive cards of the same suit. There are two types of sequences that can be formed; a pure sequence and an impure sequence.
Some Important Rummy Lingo:
Pure Sequence – A group of three or more cards of the same suit in consecutive order. No Jokers or Wild Cards allowed. 👇
A pure sequence with four cards👇
Impure Sequence: A group of three or more cards of the same suit with one or more Jokers.
Q♠ has been used as a wild Joker replacing 8♦ to form an impure sequence 👇
Q♥ as a wild joker that is replacing 6♠ and the Printed Joker is replacing 9♠ 👇
Sets: A group of three or more cards of the same value but of different suits. Wild card and Jokers are allowed.
In this set, all the Aces are of different suits, making a valid set 👇
Here the set is formed with four 8 cards of different suits 👇
Q♠ has been used as Wild Joker, replacing 9♣ to make a set 👇
Printed Joker replacing 5♥ to make a set 👇
Here Q♠ has been used as Wild Joker replacing 5♠ & Printed Joker replacing 5♥ to make a set 👇
Typical Example: Set of 5 cards is made to complete the grouping of 13 cards for a valid declaration 👇
Note: You can’t use two or more cards of the same suit. 🚫 This will be an invalid declaration. Also, a set can have more than four cards. If you have a set of four cards and if you use an additional Joker, then it becomes a 5 cards valid set. At no given time can the hand have more than 13 cards.
Examples of invalid set
There are two Qs of the same suit ♥ , making it an invalid set 👇
The wild card Q♥ as the fifth card is valid but two 7♠ is makes it invalid👇
How To Win A Rummy Game?
As it’s important to know Rummy rules, it is also necessary to learn some strategies that’ll help you win a Rummy game:
- Form a pure sequence at the very beginning of the game.
- Discard cards with high points like Ace, Jack, Queen and King. Replace these cards with Jokers or Wild Cards as it reduces the point load.
- Avoid picking from the discard deck as it gives away what sets & sequences you are trying to create
- Jokers play a very very important role in Indian Rummy. You can use them to replace high-value cards, but they cannot be used to create pure sequences.
Some more common Rummy terms:
It is the table where the game of Rummy is played. Paytm First Rummy table can sit 2 & 6 players.
Joker and Wild Cards
The role of both, Jokers & Wild Cards, is the same. Wild Card is selected at random at the beginning of the game. Jokers are used for creating sets and impure sequences. A Joker can replace your desired card when forming the sets. For example, if a 6 of hearts is chosen at random then the 6 of the other 3 suits also become the Jokers for that round of the game.
Draw and Discard
There are 2 decks for players to draw cards from. Once a player draws a card, he has to discard one card from his hand- this is called discarding.
Sorting of Cards
Sorting of cards is done at the beginning of the game. Your cards are arranged automatically to help you create your sets and sequences.
When a player decides to leave the game at the start or middle of a Rummy game, it is called a drop. The first drop will cost the player 20 points; middle drop, 40 points and the last drop costs the player a loss of 80 points.
Typically, Paytm First Rummy is played between 2 people and 6 people on one table.
To decide on seats and who gets the first move, a toss is used. A single card is dealt to all the players and the one with the highest face value is the winner of the toss.
How Are Points Calculated As Per Indian Rummy?
So there you have it, the ultimate guide to play Rummy online on Paytm First Games. Click here to get started and win Paytm cash every day!