Team batting first will aim for a big total in the first innings since that has been the recipe for success in the last two matches, with the chasing sides being bowled out for under 120.
Despite the teams batting second not being able to make a dent, batsmen can get their runs in both the innings provided they apply themselves enough.
With the pacers enjoying a wicket-share of 71.63%, they will be expected to do well at the DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai, where the spinners have bagged the remaining 28.37%.
It will remain partly cloudy on Wednesday in Navi Mumbai throughout the daytime with the temperatures hitting a high of 34°C, which will drop down to around 30°C during the match hours. The humidity levels will be around 75%.
HEAD-TO-HEAD RECORD (overall):
Matches played: 25
Rajasthan won: 13
Delhi won: 12
No result: -
Top 3 players from Rajasthan: Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson, Devdutt Padikkal
Top 3 players from Delhi: David Warner, Rishabh Pant, Khaleel Ahmed
Top picks for H2H/WTA contest (top 5 players each):
Top 5 players from Rajasthan: Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson, Devdutt Padikkal, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ravichandran Ashwin
Top 5 players from Delhi: David Warner, Rishabh Pant, Khaleel Ahmed, Mitchell Marsh, Rovman Powell
Q & A:
Fantasy tips and tricks: Should I pick more bowlers, batsmen or all-rounders?
Delhi have not had a campaign which they desired to at the start of the tournament — 5 wins from 11 matches and 6 losses have kept them at the 5th spot but never have they been convincing enough to get into the final four and remain there. On the other hand, Rajasthan are sitting at the 3rd spot with 7 wins and 4 losses and a campaign which has been far better and promising than any, since the one in 2008. For this contest, the batting department gets the emphasis and bowlers should be picked on the basis of their recent form.
Fantasy tips: From which team should I pick more players in my XI? Which team is stronger?
For the simple fact that Rajasthan have recorded more wins than Delhi and have a better position in the points table for the Indian T20 Cricket League 2022, the Sanju Samson-led side is stronger and should have more players featuring in the fantasy cricket playing XI. Rajasthan will be without the services of the flamboyant Caribbean batsman Shimron Hetmyer, who has returned home to be in time for the birth of his first child, but there is no dearth of talent to pick from the bench in the Rajasthan camp.
MORE INFORMATION: It is no exaggeration in saying that Delhi do not have the right numbers on the points table to correspond with the talent and skills they have in the camp. David Warner and Prithvi Shaw have batted together as if they have been doing it for many years, while Rishabh Pant has been on and off both with the bat and as a captain but overall, he has done a fair job. Delhi’s bowlers Kuldeep Yadav and Khaleel Ahmed have made the selectors take notice of their current form, but still, the team is not in the top four. Delhi took the field without their all-rounders Lalit Yadav and Axar Patel against Chennai in their last match, but both these players should return to the playing XI after a resounding 91-run defeat. In the other camp is the Rajasthan side, who, after many years of toil and disappointment, have turned up as a formidable unit and beating them is not an easy task.
PLAYERS’ FORM: The absence of Shimron Hetmyer should not hurt Rajasthan who have the likes of James Neesham and Daryl Mitchell — both all-rounders — to replace the Caribbean cricketer with. Jos Buttler has been in form of his life in this Indian T20 Cricket League 2022, while Sanju Samson has also appeared in rich form with the bat of late. Ravichandran Ashwin has achieved less than what he has aimed for, but he is a quality player who can deliver with both bat and the ball. In the Delhi camp, the priority should be to get more from other players apart from the usual culprits in David Warner, Rishabh Pant, Kuldeep Yadav and Khaleel Ahmed.